Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Mayor Coleman Proclaims: Sheila Connolly Day, Friday August 17, 2007


My boss, Sheila Connolly, is retiring on Friday.

Mayor Chris Coleman stopped by the Edina Realty Grand office Tuesday to let us all know that Friday, August 17, 2007 has been proclaimed Sheila Connolly Day in the City of Saint Paul.

I have really enjoyed Sheila. I've learned a lot from her. She's one of the best no-B.S. people I have ever met. She's good at identifing what is the issue and what is ego.

We don't yet know who will be the new manager of the Edina Realty Grand Avenue office, but word is there are a lot of people that want the job.

Our office is one the best in Edina Realty, with agents that are all really strong. That's credit to Sheila -- she has recruited and attracted the best talent. I am very lucky that she chose me, and I am very lucky to have the support of Sheila and all of the other fabulous agents in my office that help me out when I need it.

One of the first questions I had for Sheila was if the office was more collaborative or competitive. She told me it was certainly collaborative -- and that was true. It's kind of amazing, because in a lot of ways we are all in competition with each other. But Sheila has set the tone so we can all work with each other instead of against each other. Again, cutting the B.S. so we can get some work done.

Thanks Sheila!

No comments: