Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Road to Hell: A New Kitchen

Long story short I bought some display model cabinets.
They fit my kitchen perfectly, and the style is so perfect for my house.

I'm going to have a new kitchen sometime this summer.

But, at my house, the motto has always been Champagne Living on a Beer Budget.

We're going to be doing the kitchen in phases. Not terribly long drawn out phases, but there might be a point when the current stove we have is in it's current place and there is an open spot for the new stove that is not yet installed.

And I think there might be some plumbing and wiring sticking out of the walls for a while.

It's all great news but I know it's going to be some trouble.

I guess the good news is the first of the contractors came by today. I wanted to find out if I needed to sister in some of the notched joists (don't ask if you don't know), or at worst, needed to replace some of the original 1900's supports. The answer is that my supports all look good! I think he was staring at my bra when he said that, though.

Anyhow, I'm getting a little kooky running through color scenarios in my head. For a while I could not get past dark khaki/forest green but now I am on to french gold to match the toile in the dining room.

No comments: