Thursday, January 24, 2008

Waiting for the Bank

The thing about the current market is there are a lot of short sales (homeowners trying to save themselves from foreclosure by selling the house) and bank-owned properties.

Dealing with the banks can be a time-consuming process. Banks are only open business hours and don't keep Realtor hours. The short sale responses can take a month or more, and the bank-owned properties can be really quick or really slow. And all of the bank departments are really really busy now, and I think some of them are even hiring temps to deal with all of the foreclosure work.

Right now I have a handful of purchase agreements from buyers out there that all need signatures from the bank. I'm just waiting! I am not good at waiting, but there is NOTHING I can do.

It's tough for buyers to purchase this property. They usually have some kind of condition problem (somewhere between needs new carpet to needs new everything) and they are usually sold as-is. And then to have to wait for answers to the offers is excruciating.

Keep your fingers crossed that these offers come through for me, will ya?

No comments: